Too often I’ve heard friends laughingly say, “Karma’s coming back to bite me.” I’ve said it myself. But how often do we think about what we’re sending out into the universe today? Are we focusing on negative thoughts and actions, rather than the positive side of life? It’s easy to be angry. Last week I talked about letting go of the past and moving forward. This week, I want to focus on what I’m sending out into the universe. Our world is in need of good. Watch the news. Evil is actively trying to destroy us spiritually and physically.
I have to work diligently every day to stay in the moment and live my life according to my beliefs. If we let the actions of others define our lives, then we grow hatred. Is that what we want to do? Not me. My friend, Penny Watson Wolberg, the owner of the Dream Weaver Reiki and Writing Studio in Wisconsin, shares positive moments each day on her Facebook page. I look forward to her posts to combat the negative drivel on Facebook. I hope you have a friend like that, too.
Shouldn’t we all be sending out positive energy into the universe? I challenge everyone reading this to read through the twelve laws of karma below. What are you doing to improve the karma in your life? Focus on the beauty God has given us and spread the love. My thought for today is: Be part of the solution, not the problem. How will you spread goodness of life today?
- The Great Law: “As you sow, so shall you reap.”
- The Law of Creation: “What we desire comes through participation.”
- The Law of Humility: “Refusal to accept what is will still be what is.”
- The Law of Growth: “Our own growth is above any circumstance.”
- The Law of Responsibility: “Our lives are of our own doing, nothing else.”
- The Law of Connection: “Everything in the Universe is connected, both large and small.”
- The Law of Focus: “One cannot direct attention beyond a single task.”
- The Law of Hospitality and Giving: “Demonstrating our selflessness shows true intentions.”
- The Law of Change: “History repeats itself unless changed.”
- The Law of Here and Now: “The Present is all we have.”
- The Law of Patience and Reward: “Nothing of value is created without a patient mindset.”
- The Law of Significance and Inspiration: “The best reward is one that contributes to the Whole.”